Did you hear the news? Chances are if I have seen you in the last 48 hours you have….Late Wednesday night I was browsing on my iphone before bed, as you do, when I received an email. It has possibly been my most favourite email I have received this year.
Imagine my surprise when I received the email saying I had won! Excited doesn’t even come close to describing my reaction.
I had been eyeing this camera off for a while, I had read Nikki’s previous blog posts about the camera and had deep seeded camera envy. I then proceeded to drag Mr Twist into Harvey Norman to see it in real life and had decided it was to be my next big purchase.
So to win this awesome prize well and truly put a smile on my dial, I can’t wait for it to arrive and get stuck in. It will improve my photo quality and bring out my inner photographer no doubt!
But enough of my camera gushing, let’s get on with it!
I realise it’s a few weeks after New Year but I thought I would share with you some of my New Year’s Resolutions, I never manage to start them in January, I need the whole month to work up the courage, make a plan and begin February with a bang.
I’m a big believer in New Year’s resolutions, I love the idea of getting to start all over, hitting the refresh button and gathering your bearings.
It’s a tradition in my friendship group to play The New Year Game, every New Years Eve, you go around the circle and each person says a highlight and lowlight from the year just passed and then finish off with a goal or resolution for the one just about to begin. It’s actually a lot of fun, hearing everyone else’s and seeing how far we have come from the year before.
Mine are pretty stock standard but I’m hoping by me writing it down on a public forum may just make me more accountable!
1.Take up yoga- I have done lessons and classes in the past but am yet to find a teacher or class I gel with. Any SA suggestions would be appreciated!
2. Plant a vegetable/ herb garden- I’ve always wanted to grow my own herbs, I’m constantly reminded that this would be a good idea after forking out $4 for a few sprigs of fresh Basil.
3. Get back into my daily meditation- Even just 10 minutes a day. I always feel so much better when I do it.
4. Drink more water- I don’t drink tea or coffee, mostly I’m a diet coke kind of girl. I’d like to replace this with water. I don’t know why I resist, I love water. I don’t know about you but I can’t stand it with lemon or any kind of flavouring, just plain pura tap all the way.
5. Be more responsible with money- I’m pushing 30, it’s time.
6. Work on my blog- I’m still very new to blogging but I am enjoying it so far. I would love to attend some blogging workshops and meet some other bloggers. (If you’re in SA hit me up, in fact today I’m off to meet Jenni from Styling Curvy!)
7. Eat healthy- Ah yes, possibly the phrase found on everyone’s resolution list, this time I mean it I swear. My motivation? I’m in a wedding at the end of the year and I’d like to be bangin.
8. Finish study- I’m the queen of procrastinating, in fact if being a professional procrastinator was a profession, I’d be Malcom Turnbull. It’s time to finish my diploma and get on with it. (My tutor will be pleased, she pretty much drags me kicking and screaming towards every deadline.)
9. Have more beach time- I do love a beach walk and I’d like to make it a priority to walk there every day, I life close by so no excuses!
There you go, that’s what I’m going to be working on this year. I’m starting with the yoga, I’ve already got a few friends interested in coming with me so now to find a place!
What about you, do you have any New Years Resolutions you are yet to start? Do you have a favourite yoga hang out I can crash?